A few weeks ago, I was on the panel for Explainable AI at the PRMIA Fintech Horizons Conference in SF. The participants were predominantly from the finance industry like Banks, Hedge Funds and Fintech Startups.
We had a very interesting discussion on the complexities in machine learning and explainable AI plus topics like:
- Automated AI vs Human-Centered AI
- How catastrophic can it be when a Business Risk is left unmanaged?
- Example: Boeing 737 Max 8 failure
- Special challenges in Quantitative Finance with AI. Can we quantify Model Risk in terms of a $-value?
- Who in the organizations needs to care about Explainable AI? Is it the Data Scientist? Chief Risk Officer? Business Owner?
Podcast of the discussion
Bob Mark – Former CRO & Treasurer of CIBC, Managing Partner Black Diamond Risk - Moderator
Krishna Gade – Founder & CEO, Fiddler Labs
Jos Gheerardyn – Founder & CEO, Yields.IO
Hersh Shefrin - Mario L. Belotti Professor of Finance, Santa Clara University